What does a Sales Associate do?
As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in-store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- An Associate’s degree or high school diploma.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- 2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental, or lease
- Weight Handling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Type of Product
- Women’s clothing
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Energetic; Goal-oriented; Outgoing; Positive attitude
How to apply
Application Closing Date